Originally posted on Fortune Management & Career Blog:
New York City recently joined a growing roster of cities to guarantee workers paid sick days. Still, some 40 million American workers still have to make the choice between going to work sick and missing out on pay.
FORTUNE — The New York City Council on Wednesday voted 46-5 on a bill to expand the city’s paid sick leave, guaranteeing that 1.2 million workers can call in sick without losing pay.
Originally posted on Let's make a million:
What better way to make more money, than by a job promotion. I love new challenges, learning different tasks and working with new people as much as I love the better pay. Being really good at your current job is the first requirement to line yourself up for the jump ahead.
So, how to coach yourself into a better job:
1. List what needs work
- Eggs Don’t Cause Heart Attacks — Sugar Does (Huffington Post)
- Moving the War on Poverty Forward (Center For American Progress)
- Empowerment Comes From Checking In, Not Checking Out (Huffington Post)
- Princeton Mom vs. the Facts (The Atlantic)
- Are you a prisoner to your past? Reclaim your life! (MariaShriver.com)
- Turn Your Mentors into Sponsors (The Glass Hammer)
- The Best-Paying Cities for Women in 2014 (Forbes)
- Why Letting Go Of What You Hate Is Essential To Building A Career You Love (Forbes)
- How to Stop Perfectionism From Running Your Life (The Daily Muse)
- Find the Right Balance Between Love and Money (Daily Worth)
- How to Stay Healthy When You Work All the Time (Huffington Post)
- 7 Top Ways To Improve Your Heart Health (Huffington Post)
A good piece on purpose. Something I’m always searching for…